Call for Participation
4th Lisbon Machine Learning School – “Learning with Big Data”
We invite everyone interested in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing to attend the 4th Lisbon Machine Learning School – LxMLS 2014.
- Application Deadline: April 15, 2014
- Decision: May 15, 2014
- Early Registration: June 15, 2014
- Summer School: July 22-29, 2014
Topics and Intended Audience:
The school will cover a range of Machine Learning (ML) topics, from theory to practice, that are important in solving Natural Language Processing (NLP) problems that arise in the analysis and use of Web data.
Our target audience is:
- Researchers and graduate students in the fields of NLP and Computational Linguistics;
- Computer scientists who have interests in statistics and machine learning;
- Industry practitioners who desire a more in depth understanding of these subjects.
Features of LxMLS:
- No deep previous knowledge of ML or NLP is assumed;
- Recommended reading will be provided in advance;
- Includes a strong practical component;
- A day zero is scheduled to review basic concepts and introduce the necessary tools for implementation exercises;
- Days will be divided into tutorials and practical sessions (view schedule);
- Both basic and advanced topics will be covered;
- Instructors are leading researchers in machine learning.
List of Confirmed Speakers:
RYAN MCDONALD Google Inc. | USA
NOAH SMITH Carnegie Mellon University | USA
XAVIER CARRERAS Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
SLAV PETROV Google Inc. | USA
CHRIS DYER Carnegie Mellon University | USA
RICHARD SOCHER Stanford University | USA
ANDREAS MUELLER Amazon | Germany
ARIADNA QUATTONI Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya | Spain
DIPANJAN DAS Google Inc. | USA
IVAN TITOV University of Amsterdam | Netherlands
PHIL BLUNSOM University of Oxford | UK
LUIS PEDRO COELHO European Molecular Biology Laboratory | Germany
MÁRIO FIGUEIREDO Instituto de Telecomunicações | Portugal
Please visit our webpage for up to date information: http://lxmls.it.pt/2014.
The organizers of LxMLS’2014.